Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Jesse Jackson is a Publicity Whore

Is there anything Jesse Jackson won't do for publicity? Really, what does he have to do with the Schiavo vs. Schindler case? What does he have to do with Terri Schaivo's life? Not a damn thing.

For the record, Terri Schiavo's been dead for 15 years. She has no life to speak of. Doctors, medical experts, courts have all come to a consensus on this. The only people who disagree are emotional blood relatives, religious zealots and wackos with no life (see the movie PCU for the definition of a "Causehead"). For Jesse Jackson to join the fray reeks of a pathetic publicity stunt.

A friend of mine called a couple of years ago with an odd question. It went something like this:
F: If I were brain-dead due to a car accident, or some other reason, would you pull the plug?
M: After everyone said their goodbyes? Of course!
F: When would you do it?
M: About 10 seconds afterward.
F: That's why you're the new executor of my living will.

Was my response callous and uncaring? Nope. My friend knew that I would respect his wishes and put him to rest before medical bills ate all of his family's savings. We agree that if you aren't brain alive, then you might as well be body-dead. He knew that I was rational enough to execute his wishes without family-type emotion. I wish that the Schindler's could understand this position.

I hope that I'm never in a persistent vegitative state. I'll say it here, now, so that there's no doubt. If I'm ever in a state that my brain is gone, and my body's still alive due to technology, pull the plug. Let me die with dignity. And for heaven's sake, do it before jackasses like Jesse Jackson or Randall Terry catch wind of it.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?